[CentOS] pgadmin3

Ben Mohilef benm at dsl-only.net
Sun Jan 29 18:20:31 UTC 2006

> On 1/28/06, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> > Anyone been able to get pgadmin3 installed on CentOS-4 ?
> >
> > The WxGTK2 stuff makes it impossible for me to get installed from
> > RPM/SRPM from their site and likewise, couldn't rebuild from Fedora
> > SRPMS either.
> >
> > I figure between Jim and Owen and ???, somebody might have succeeded
> > where I would be doomed. I can get around with phppgadmin but pgadmin3
> > is pretty cool.
>
> I haven't really put any effort into building it, because... well, I
> don't use postgresql and no one requested it. I suppose I could kick
> it around a bit tomorrow and see what happens. No promises though.
>

> --
> Jim Perrin
> System Architect - UIT
> Ft Gordon & US Army Signal Center

The wxGTK rpm's for el4 are available from the dries repositary or any of
its mirrors (the Nov 26 build). I recall that to install the wx rpms a couple of
other libraries were needed which came from the dag or dries repositary.
It's been a while since I installed pgadmin3, so I don't remember which
libraries they are.

The source rpm is also there should someone want to customize and
repackage it.

I can't access the laptop with RHEL4 and pgadmin3 on it until later next
week at which time I will look for the dependencies associated with the
installation.

Hope this helps.

regards,

benm