[CentOS] Unknown Files in /tmp

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Mon Jan 30 03:55:02 UTC 2006

On Sunday 29 January 2006 09:18 am, Jim Perrin wrote:

> It's nothing to worry about. If you're REALLY concerned, you can put
> /tmp on it's own partition and mount it noexec, although this can
> have some unexpected side-effects (with cron) that you'll want to be
> aware of.

Jim, on our shared webhosting servers we always mount /tmp on it's own
partition noexec.  And we've never had problems with cron that I know
of.

Can you give me an idea of what to look for?

Thanks.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
1254 So Waterman Ave., Suite 50, San Bernardino, CA  92408