[CentOS] Upgrading samba past the regular packages

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 14:59:49 UTC 2006

On 1/27/06, Greg Swallow - SkyNet <gregswallow at skynetonline.ca> wrote:
> Matt Morgan wrote:
> > Despite Craig's excellent help with my Excel/Samba, I continue to have
> > trouble with Samba 3.0.10 under CentOS 4.2. Quickbooks, now, too, is
> > just acting really weird.
>
> Did you check bugzilla.redhat.com for a bug report similar to the problem
> you're having?  If you don't find one you should report a bug there first,
> before looking for other solutions.

Yes, there's a bug there for the Excel issue. I haven't done a ton of
testing to see if this other QuickBooks problem is the same thing, or
if there's another separate bugzilla bug, but it does look like a
well-known issue in 3.0.10, not specific to RH/CentOS. They appear to
be bugs fixed in more recent Samba releases.

--Matt