[CentOS] CentOS 4.2 Mouse Tracking Unstable SOLVED

Charles Sliger chaz at bctonline.com
Tue Jan 31 04:20:26 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of John Hinton
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 7:17 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] CentOS 4.2 Mouse Tracking Unstable SOLVED

Charles Sliger wrote:

>And we have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>Thank you Craig!
>
>psmouse.proto=bare
>
>I tried 5 other solutions that had no effect, but this works great.
>
>Just so you know I'm not completely clueless, I was aware of the need to
>reboot to test the kernel parameters.
>
>As far as the Belkin switch being of the cheap variety, far from it.  This
>unit cost around $400.00 several years ago and has been rock-solid with all
>systems until this Centos 4.2 install. (my first 2.6.x kernel system)
>
>My question regarding the Ubuntu solution below had to do with the fact
that
>/etc/modules does not exist on the CentOS system.  I assume it resides
>somewhere else in the filesystem.
>
>Regards,
>Chaz

You aren't trying to use a Microsoft mouse are you? The new ones have a
special shutdown -h now script under the right button, but most of the
time the programming just crashes out and causes your mouse to skip
about the screen. <tonque in cheek> ;) I'm sorry.. but that just slipped
out.

John Hinton

[chaz> ]
(grin)  I'll bet some Redmond geeks have thought about it though...

Charles L. Sliger,    Information Systems Engineer,    chaz at bctonline.com
"no matter where you go, there you are..."