[CentOS] agp video card direction

Robert Hanson roberth at abbacomm.net
Tue Jan 31 21:07:29 UTC 2006

}
} If you're not playing games and you don't need to drive a giant screen,
} your current card seems like plenty.  That said, if I was going to buy a
} new card and placed some value on bang/buck, I'd probably stick with
} something like the Nvidia 6800GT-based products.  They come in 256mb
} flavors and don't cost an arm and a leg.
}

thanks for the info

my main screen is a 20.1 viewsonic lcd and i drive it at 1280x960 right now

my concern is that using a pentium 4 3.0 gig workstation machine that i can
drive the video *hard and fast* in apps high res and full motion video etc

i know you are an expert in the field so any help is appreciated.

i skipped about 10 years of the newer bigger better sound and video card
every week baloney till now and im ready to jump in for business reasons.

mainly... i like quality media too!  ;->

will a 256 meg card like you recommended help in developing and using a
CentOS streaming video server and it's client nachines etc?

anything else to look out for on the positive or not so positive sides?

thanks in advance and kind regards,

 - rh

--
Robert Hanson - Abba Communications