[CentOS] Selectively updating protected repos

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 16:14:42 UTC 2006

On 7/1/06, Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm, what would happen if I left out the
> exclude for base but used the include for plus?

I tried this with the kernel* packages and it doesn't do what I hoped,
unless I also turn off protect on base, which sort of defeats the
purpose.  Oh, well.

Related question:  How does one get a list of the contents of a repo
so as to maintain a correct includepkgs line, while still having the
includepkgs line present?  E.g. suppose some new package is added to
centosplus that I might want to use to update a base package.  If I
have an includepkgs line for centosplus, "yum check-update" will never
show me that a new package is there, because it will ignore everything
except what's already in the includepkgs line.