[CentOS] new clamav update miss 'clamav' user/group creation/update

J.J.Garcia stigmatedbrain at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 10:51:08 UTC 2006

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 11:04 +0200, J.J.Garcia wrote:
>
>>Hi folks,
>>
>>Just updating clamav 'bundle' from old 'clamav-server' (i think the just
>>previous) and i noticed that the 'clamav' user/group for this pkg is not created
>>by default by the rpm pkg.
>>
>>At the same time, the /var/log/clamav is not updated/created with clamav.clamav
>>ownership,
>>
>>Don't know if it is my actual config (previous one untouched anyway), but this
>>is what i did to get it up and running in a CentOs 4.3 host
>>
>>Thanks for your ideas
>>
>>Jose
>>

> You are mixing 2 different clamav builds ... one is coming from Dag
> Wieers' EL4 repo ... the other is coming from KBS-CentOS-Extras repo.
> Dag's packages are built from the RPMForge spec file, KBS is built from
> a different spec file (from Fedora Extras).
>
> Both of these clamav builds work fine ... but they are different and
> don't work well together.
>
> Pick one repo to do clamav from ... in the other one, inside the repo
> definition for that repo, do this:
>
> exclude=clamd clamav*
>
> That should take care of dualing repo problems for clamav.
>
> Thanks,
> Johnny Hughes

Is that a provisional issue?

I mean, IMHO there's no point in maintaining this two releases of the same
thing/pkg in different repositories, unless you name them different to be
seleccted as appropiate (not exclude tag involved).

If so, how many pkgs are going to be like this way? It seems to me it could be a
nightmare, but this is only my opinion. Hints allowed.

TIA for your time,

Jose.