[CentOS] new clamav update miss 'clamav' user/group creation/update

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 12:13:14 UTC 2006

> Is that a provisional issue?
>
> I mean, IMHO there's no point in maintaining this two releases of the same
> thing/pkg in different repositories, unless you name them different to be
> seleccted as appropiate (not exclude tag involved).

These aren't centos repositories. We don't maintain them and they do
not come from the .centos.org domain. Dag does the rpmforge.net
repository and is receptive to input from the community as to what
packages they'd like to see. Karanbir maintains his own project which
is a rebuild of fedora extras for Centos. The more repositories you
add, the more duplication you're likely to run into. This is why what
Johnny suggested above is a good idea.

> If so, how many pkgs are going to be like this way? It seems to me it could be a
> nightmare, but this is only my opinion. Hints allowed.

A few.
yum --disablerepo \* --enablerepo rpmforge list available > dag
yum --disablerepo \* --enablerepo kbs-extras list available > kbs

then have a look through and compare the two.

--
This message has been double ROT13 encoded for security. Anyone other
than the intended recipient attempting to decode this message will be