[CentOS] Using Centos on both server and client systems a private network

rance at frontiernet.net

Mon Jul 3 16:26:59 UTC 2006

I'm looking for how-tos/hints to make the following possible:

I downloaded all four centos 4.3 iso to a ext3 partition on my hd,
burned the first disk only, and the a hd based install.

Problem: Centos didnt seem to take into account that I was doing a HD
based install and and ask me if I wanted to use the hd images as a
source for additional appliction installs later.  Now it asks me for
the cds and I dont want that.  I want it to look at the hd for the
additional rpms.

Question: How can I make this happen?

Catch:  The catch is that this "server" will eventually be setup to
"feed" the cds out to clients when they install and when they "add apps
later". So I'd like to use an implementation method that lends itself
to both applications.

I'm open to nfs, ftp, or http content delivery to clients in case one
or the other makes a difference.