[CentOS] Selectively updating protected repos

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Mon Jul 3 19:11:33 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 15:55 +0200, Maciej Żenczykowski wrote:
> ><snip>

> Next, keep a database (maybe just a text file) from which repo (or
> repogroup) each package was installed, and consider only packages from the
> same repogroup to be valid upgrade paths.  And refuse to install stuff
> that would require a cross-repogroup upgrade (or make a big fat warning
> dialog y/n default no box).

Regardless of any other restrictions/enablements, the "data base" is
key. If a data base can tell from whence the original package (OP? ;-)
came, it can be used to ensure that updates/upgrades only come from
there... unless we really examine the need and we then see that the use
should be able to a) override, b) permanently change, ...

Regardless, A DB will set us free.

--
Bill