[CentOS] clamav upgrade help and info

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Mon Jul 3 20:43:24 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 01:38:50PM -0700, Robert Hanson enlightened us:
> Dear list...
>
> In regards to recent upgrade in www.clamav.net to 0.88.3 and...
>
> ...as an example I've used this page to create a process where I can create
> my own clamav programs/stuff/etc...
>
> http://qmail.jms1.net/clamav-upgrade.shtml
>
> and so I would go to http://crash.fce.vutbr.cz/crash-hat/4/clamav/ and snag
> the source rpm that Petr made for Fedora 4.
>
> He hasn't updated yet (pretty sure he will soon)
>
> as an alternative... how would I do what Petr does and create my own clamav
> source rpm...
>
> I don't think it is that hard yet since I am involving production hardware,
> I wanted to get help and wisdom from the list before I tear apart some
> servers...
>
> ;->

If you rpm -i an SRPM, it will break its components down into the SPECS and
SOURCES directory. From there, you can modify the spec file to do what you
like and rebuild it. man rpmbuild will give you more details on that. If you
need help with modifying the spec file, I suggest reading Maximum RPM at
rpm.org or finding an appropriate IRC channel/mailing list.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics