[CentOS] CentOS-4.3 and PHP PostgreSQL extension.

James B. Byrne

ByrneJB at Harte-Lyne.ca
Wed Jul 5 17:47:26 UTC 2006

I need to enable pg support on one of my CentOS servers. I know nothing about
PHP but DRUPAL requires a DB backend and we have standardized on pg rather
than mysql.  The PHP.net page devoted to the subject of pg says that to enable
pg support PHP must be built with the flag "--with-pgsql[=DIR]" and that the
required support extension must be loaded via the /etc/php.ini file with the
statement "extension=pgsql.so".

However, I have tried to find this file "pgsql.so" on the CentOS server before
proceeding blindly and have come up empty.  Can somebody here give me some
detailed help on getting DRUPAL running with PsotgreSQL under CentOS; or at
least point me to a site where I can find out how to obtatin the necessary and
appropriate pgsql.so file?  I cannot seem to find the necessary information on
either php.net or postgresql.org.

Regards,
Jim

--
***     e-mail is NOT a secure channel     ***
James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB.<token>@Harte-Lyne.ca