[CentOS] cacti on centos

Aleksandar Milivojevic

alex at milivojevic.org
Wed Jul 5 20:50:26 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to get Cacti installed on my CentOS 4.3 x86_64 box.  I've
got all of required packages installed, and created database file, and
followed all the instructions in install manual.

However, when I get login screen and use admin for username/password,
it simply redirects me straight back to login screen.  Looking at
user_log table, the authentication was successfull (and since it was
updated, I know database stuff works OK).  If I type username or
password wrong, I get messages saying so.  If I just use admin as
username/password, I get normal login screen with no "wrong password"
message.

I'm kind of stuck.  Googling around hasn't helped much either.
Anybody else had same problem?

Searching the list archive, I can see there are many folks outthere
running Cacti on CentOS, so hopefully somebody could help me out.

Some additional notes:

One thing I had to do was to hardcode paths in include/config.php for
$config["base_path"] and $config["library_path"].  The ereg_replace
stuff was throwing "premature end of regular expression" errors.
Could be related to the problem I have.

I got same thing with Karan's and cacti.org SRPM files (0.8.6d and
0.8.6h, respectively).

SELinux is in permissive mode on the box.

Relevant RPMs (other than cacti):

Cacti box:
httpd-2.0.52-22.ent.centos4
php-mhash-4.3.9-3.12