[CentOS] Clamav and Postfix

Alex Palenschat

alex at nssmgmt.com
Thu Jul 6 15:04:59 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I am trying to replace a RH 7.1 (ouch!) box that has been running
postfix 1.x/clamav/SA/amavisd-new on which the amavis/PF/SA packages
have not been updated because of the way they were built/configured. I
would like to use CentOS to do this.
Having followed the thread regarding perl versioning issues with the
latest version of amavisd-new and CentOS Base I am thinking I should
pursue another path.
I would like to have a solution that follows the distro path as closely
as possible (using code supplied by the distro if possible or at least
something I can install from a reputable yum repo) and this perhaps
comes before using the latest version of amavisd-new.

That being said, I'd like to ask if there are others out there on the
list using clamav and Postfix together on CentOS and if so, how are you
doing it and what did you have to do in order to get it working?

Thanks in advance,

Alex Palenschat