[CentOS] KDE Screen Saver and Centos 4.3

BRUCE STANLEY bruce.stanley at prodigy.net
Sat Jul 8 20:17:15 UTC 2006

Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote: BRUCE STANLEY wrote:

> */Jim Perrin /* wrote:
>
>     > Does this mean that everyones kde screen saver is working fine
>     > under Centos 4.3?
>
>     worksforme
>

> Hummm.......shed a little light on 'worksforme'.....
>
> kdescreesaver?   gnomescreensaver?  xscreensaver?
>
> kpowersave works ok with kdescreensaver?

why dont you make the effort of upgrading and find out for yourself ?
4.3 isnt a whole new distro.. its just 4.x+ all updates till now.

- KB

I sorry that it is too much trouble for you to answer a couple
of simple questions as posted.

I seem to remember that were some major problems introduced
in Centos 4.2 with xorg and some ATI video cards (which I am using).
So, it is not a simple thing to just jump into another upgrade as  4.3.

It would also require re-installing various application programs
that I have running under 4.1,

I would like to know first if it is worth my while.

The purpose of list like this is to help people when possible
with even the simplfest of questions.

When I worked in Tech Support in the past for two different
Mini-Computer companies, we were required to support the
customers even with the simplest of problems.