[CentOS] TARPIT target in iptables

David Hrbáč hrbac.conf at seznam.cz
Sun Jul 9 12:10:18 UTC 2006

Barry Brimer napsal(a):
> It seems to me that it would be quite powerful to have iptables string
> match and TARPIT target support.  Are there any plans to include any of
> the extra iptables functionality in the centosplus kernel?
>

> If anyone has any information on building iptables kernel modules,
> particularly those included in patch-o-matic-ng to work with the
> centosplus (or any other) kernel without compiling an entire kernel,
> please let me know.

Well, I have plans to work on modules for kernel and iptables. I have
ipp2p rpm. Milan has created CONNLIMIT rpm package. I would start here
http://ftp.pslib.cz/pub/users/Milan.Kerslager/RHEL-4/stable/SPECS/kernel-modules-connlimit.spec
It would be nice to create repo with other modules. I'm not still sure
which way to go. Create new repo or submit these packages to upstream
(Fedora Extras) or send then to e.g. Dag. What's you suggestion? As to
naming convention, Fedora has created new rules for kernel modules
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/KernelModules One thing to
point: right now we are not able to easily build and check these
packages with Mock http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Mock Iptables
-devel package does not contain header files
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=1380
David