[CentOS] FirewallBuilder

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Mon Jul 10 23:02:20 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 19:32 -0300, pvargas at nuca.ie.ufrj.br wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need some help about :
>
> I just install Centos 4.3 and I would like to install a FirewallBuilder software.
>
> 1.
>
> Where i can get FirewallBuilder .rpm for Centos 4.3 ?

Seems to be in the CentOS-Extras repository. Review the home page and
repos for details. Use cmds similar to

   yum list available [other optional things]

to get answers faster. "Yum --help" and/or "man yum", etc.

> 2.
>
> I tried install fwbuilder-2.0.12.tar.gz and libfwbuilder-2.0.12.tar.gz like this :
>
> tar -xzvf libfwbuilder-2.0.12.tar.gz
> cd  libfwbuilder-2.0.12
> ./autogen.sh

Most of the old hands recommend against this. I'm not an old hand, just
an old fart. They prefer that you try to use the stuff provided by the
project, if you can, as it reduces problems for all.

> It's not work
> <snip>

> Thanks,
>
> Paulo Vargas