[CentOS] tftp question

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Wed Jul 12 20:26:30 UTC 2006

I have tftp running on a computer. done with yum install tftp and yum
install tftp-server.
The computer has 2 network cards in it. Everything else on this computer
is working fine.

My tftp config is :

transfer \
#       protocol.  The tftp protocol is often used to boot diskless \
#       workstations, download configuration files to network-aware
printers, \
#       and to start the installation process for some operating systems.
service tftp
{
        socket_type             = dgram
        protocol                = udp
        wait                    = yes
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
        server_args             = -v -s /tftpboot
        disable                 = no
        per_source              = 11
        cps                     = 100 2
        flags                   = IPv4
}

When I am on the computer and I "tftp localhost" an request a file it
will give it to me.
when I "tftp localip" it will say connection timeout, when I "tftp
INTERNETIP" is says connection refused.
note localhost, localip and INTERNETIP are all the same computer.

I have the firewall allowing tftp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:tftp
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
udp dpt:tftp

What might I be missing here?

Thanks,
Jerry