[CentOS] RE: Apache Question???

Kirti S. Bajwa kbajwa at tibonline.net
Thu Jul 13 16:16:49 UTC 2006

I have a freshly installed CentOS 4.3. I also setup Apache Server and a
'test' web site. When I try to display 'test' web site, I get the following
message:

"The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.test.net".

In httpd.conf:

     User apache
     Group apache

The UID/GID on files/folders for 'test' web site are all root/root.

Four years ago, I installed Apache server and had the same problem.
Unfortunately, I did not write down the fix.  I think the problem has
something to do with UID/GID but which one or where.

I understand this is CentOS group but there might be others who ran into the
same problem.

Thanks in advance for your help. I am a newbie.

Kirti