[CentOS] Web page development, NVU: anybody with experience?

William L. Maltby

BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Thu Jul 13 17:22:14 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

I think this *might* be a product that the CentOS-affiliated community
might like to include?

I decide to buy a new truck because I don't drive my 'Vette enough to
justify it and I can really use a P/U. Thought I would take advantage of
RoadRunner's free home page (<= 5MB) to post pics, etc. to sell it.

XML, HTML, SGML, DocBook... what's a n00b to do? Still working on
getting my LVM fully config'd so I can test testdisk and I find I want
to do this first (could almost pay for the trk). Found nvu 1.0 here

    http://www.nvu.com/download.php

and downloaded this

http://www.nvu.com/download/linux/1.0/nvu-1.0-
RedHat_and_Fedora/nvu-1.0-1.rhel4.fs.i386.rpm

(kde version, non-kde also available) which is supposed to be compatible
with CentOS AFAICT. It installs and starts up OK on my fully updated 4.3
(including this A.M.s mutt and php updates).

Well, *that's* enough by itself to ask one of the great CentOS
associated repo folks to make it available for all of us. It's intended
for "casual users" I guess and if no one has anything bad to say about
it, other than it's for insophisticates like myself, I'd like to see it
in the CentOS community and available.

Any comments? It's open, free, has some financial support from this
product http://www.linspire.com/lindows_sales_intro.php. Only neg I see
at the outset is that it's been a little dormant. As I use it, I'll post
thoughts if anybody requests such.

--
Bill