[CentOS] Problems with installation

Horchler, Joerg

joerg.horchler at coremedia.com
Fri Jul 14 11:01:01 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I try to install CentOS 4.3 for X64_64 on a new Dell PowerEdge 2950. I have
two problems:

1.
After booting from CD I pressed 'return' to start installation (BIOS-support
for USB-keyboard works). After probing the hardware my USB-Keyboard is not
working anymore. Dell removed ALL PS/2-Interfaces so I have to use USB. When
I start installation with 'linux noprobe' the keyboard still is working and
the installation starts.

2.
After the installation starts it tries to load the storage drivers. In the
case for this hardware it tries to load megaraid_sas. But it can't load the
driver without an error. The installer just says:"loading megaraid_sas" for
hours and hours (the complete last night). When I start with 'linux noprobe'
I'm able to look at another console (alt+F2) and can try 'lsmod'. The output
for megaraid_sas is 'loading' and not 'live' (again: for hours).

Does anyone knows how I can solve these problems? Is kudzu not working
correct for the first one?

Thanx
Jörg