[CentOS] Problems with installation

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 12:41:04 UTC 2006

On 7/14/06, Horchler, Joerg <joerg.horchler at coremedia.com> wrote:
> ok - I tried this too. But CentOS tries to find the floppy as /dev/hda which
> is not the device for the USB-Floppy. Dell ships one with the server because
> no one is integrated. So when I try to include the driver disk the installer
> is not able to find it.

So put the driver disk on a local network NFS share, webserver or usb
memory stick. It doesn't have to be an actual floppy disk (people
still use those?). I usually toss all the drivers I'm going to need
for an install at work onto a usb memory stick and let the installer
pick them up from there.

George Orwell