[CentOS] vsftpd virtual users not able to delete the files (second time post)

ankush grover

ankushcentos at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 08:08:20 UTC 2006

hey friends,

I am using vsftpd version 2.0.1 on Centos4.0. I am trying to create some
virtual users who can upload,download and delete the files in their
particular directories. I followed the below link to create the
virutal users

http://linuxsir.zahui.net/html/23/43449.htm

I have created a user called "tester" and the entries in the tester
file (/etc/vsftpd/vsftpd_user_conf/tester) are

anon_world_readable_only=NO
user_sub_token=$USER
local_root=/var/www/html/testing
write_enable=YES
anon_upload_enable=YES
chown_uploads=YES

The problem I am facing is that virtual user is not able to delete the
files or folders under /var/www/html/testing directory but this user
can upload and download the files or  folders on /var/www/html/testing

The vsftpd.conf file
user_config_dir=/etc/vsftpd/vsftpd_user_conf
write_enable=NO
anon_upload_enable=NO
anon_mkdir_write_enable=NO
anon_other_write_enable=NO
chroot_local_user=YES
guest_enable=YES
guest_username=apache
listen=YES
hide_ids=YES
hide_files=lost+found
pam_service_name=ftp
userlist_enable=YES
local_umask=022
anonymous_enable=NO
local_enable=YES
tcp_wrappers=YES

How do I configure vsftp so that virtual users can upload,delete and
download the files or folders ? SELinux is off on Centos4.0 and iptables are
configured to allow FTP ports.

Please let me know if you need any further inputs.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover