[CentOS] vsftpd virtual users not able to delete the files (second time post)

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Sun Jul 16 15:10:31 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 10:57 -0400, William L. Maltby wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 18:38 +0530, ankush grover wrote:
> ><snip>

> ls -dl /tmp   # Maybe a solution is there?

*sigh*

I don't know why I either a) post replies like this or b) can't leave it
at that when I do.

See "man chmod" section "STICKY DIRECTORIES". It seems like it might be
a solution if different users write to the directory and you want the
owners of the files (those same users?) to be able to overwrite and
delete them.

--
Bill