[CentOS] yum fails on resolving dependencies

Joshua Gimer jgimer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 03:29:13 UTC 2006

you might want to try yum --enablerepo=centosplus perl-GSSAPI, or search yum
for the correct extention name:

yum --enablerepo=centosplus search GSSAPI

If neither of those get you anywhere then I would install the package below
and try yum update again.

http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/perl-GSSAPI-0.22-1.fc4.i386.rpm

On 7/16/06, Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Package perl-Authen-SASL needs perl(GSSAPI), this is
> > not available.
>
> This would seem to indicate that you're attempting to upgrade
> perl-Authen-SASL and cannot because a require dependency is not found.
> You need to figure out which repository that package is coming from.
> It may be that the repository providing that package is not providing
> the dependency.
>
> > i am running CentOS release 3.6 (Final)
> >
> > i did a little googling and was even more confused
> > about this. what packages should i have to make the
> > update work?
>

> --
> During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
> revolutionary act.
> George Orwell

Thx
Joshua Gimer