[CentOS] executable on /etc/rc.local doesn't start

Mark Quitoriano

markquitoriano at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 08:22:03 UTC 2006

Hi

i installed apache tomcat on my server and put the startup on /etc/rc.local
file so it will boot up everytime i restarted my server. But it never booted
up i still need to run it manually what am i missing?

here's my rc.local
#!/bin/sh
#
# This script will be executed *after* all the other init scripts.
# You can put your own initialization stuff in here if you don't
# want to do the full Sys V style init stuff.

ntpdate -u 18.145.0.30

/usr/local/sbin/apache-tomcat-start

touch /var/lock/subsys/local

my ntpddate seems to start. how do i verify if the program is executed or
not? anyway the apache-tomcat-start is link to the startup.sh of apache
tomcat and it's on my /usr/loca/sbin.

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   40 Jul  7 18:16 apache-tomcat-start ->
/usr/apache-tomcat-5.5.17/bin/startup.sh