[CentOS] SystemC on CentOS

Haytham Azmi

hazmi.mail at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 14:42:15 UTC 2006

Hi everybody,
 I am new to linux and systemc so forgive me if it's a trivial question
but I have a problem when I tried to configure  systemC V2.0.1 on CentOS

I followed the install-file instructions but when I tried to config. I got
the
following message:

creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... Invalid configuration `x86_64-unkn
own-linux-gnu':
machine `x86_64-unknown' not recognized

checking target system type... Invalid configuration `x86_64-un
known-linux-gnu':

machine `x86_64-unknown' not recognized

checking build system type... Invalid configuration `x86_64-unk
nown-linux-gnu':
machine `x86_64-unknown' not recognized

checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found

checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no

checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... g++
checking whether the C++ compiler (g++  ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (g++  ) is a cross-compiler.. . no

checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
configure: error: sorry...architecture not supported

My gcc version is 3.4.5

If any body installed systemC on CentOS before I would appreciate if he/she
could give me a hand.

Thanx
Haytham