[CentOS] libmysqlclient.so.14(libmysqlclient_14)(64bit)

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Jul 18 08:48:43 UTC 2006

Henk van Lingen wrote:
>   I think sysadmins shouldn't enable dev/testing repo's on a production
>   system. It's full of stuff you don't need or want. Instead, you take
>   out the parts you need, including the dependencies, and put that in
>   your own infrastructure. You don't want the world changing under your
>   feet.

yum has include= and excludepkg= that can be set on a per repo basis.
Considering you are already using packages from the repo, on your
production machine, it sort of makes sense to atleast track the packages
for updates/ bug fix's and security patches. But thats just me.

>   Right. I checked, and the same pkg I use ( mysqlclient14 Mon 09 Jan
>   2006) is still current in your repository. Besides that, the combi
>
>   libmysqlclient.so.14()(64bit)
>   libmysqlclient.so.14(libmysqlclient_14)(64bit)

it is sort of odd, thats the auto-dep checker in rpm kicking in.
Something has changed in the way the php packages are built  ( this is
from Upstream, nothing at CentOS ), and the new x86_64 packages have
both these deps added in. So, the mysqlclient rpm will need to be
rebuilt. ( 'tis on the tracker )

Thanks for pointing out the issue.

- KB