[CentOS] help for creating sendmail virtual users

ankush grover ankushcentos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 10:15:58 UTC 2006

> Mail coming from your ISP for domain exampl1.com isn't rejected? Can it
> be that you fetchmail the mail?
> I ask because I bet you did not configure example1.com to be in class{w}
> (means treated to be local). Do so by adding that domain to
> /etc/mail/local-host-names. That is a plaintext flat file. Sendmail
> daemon restart is necessary.

echo '$=w' | /usr/lib/sendmail -bt
ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
Enter <ruleset> <address>
> cluster1
[192.168.1.125]
localhost.localdomain
localhost
example1.com

the example1.com is there.

The logs (/var/log/maillog) shows

Jul 18 15:38:00 cluster1 sendmail[6459]: k6IA80Op006455: to=<
ank at example1.com>, ctladdr=<ank at example1.com> (512/513), delay=00:00:00,
xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local, pri=30776, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent

But the user ank is not able to receive the mails.

/etc/mail/local-host-names contains these entries

localhost
localhost.localdomain
example1.com

> Second problem I am facing is that how do I configured sendmail to the
> > send
> > the credentials of each user to the ISP account. For example if user1
> > wants
> > to send the mail to the Internet the sendmail server should connect to
> > ther
> > ISP server with this user credentails (username and password ) and if
> > user2
> > wants to send the mail to ther Internet then the sendmail should
> > connect to
> > the ISP server with the user2 credentails ( username and password).
>
> http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/sm-812.html#812AUTH
>
> It isn't possible to define multiple users for a single relay host target.
> (With Postfix you would require release 2.3)
>
> For different relay selections based on the sender there is
>
> http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/smarttab.html
>
> I will go through it.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover