[CentOS] MIB browser

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Wed Jul 19 15:17:36 UTC 2006

Quoting Guillermo Garron <guillermo.fedora at gmail.com>:

> Hi
>
> looking for mib browser once i used mbrowse in my Fedora 5, but now i
> installed CENTOS 4.3 in my laptop instead of Fedora 5 (wich is still in my
> Desktop)
>
> i found this
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2005-December/057991.html
>
> is it true that CENTOS does not have mbrowse in none repo?

Yup, seems that the source is a bit older one.

Download mbrowse-0.3.1.tar.gz from http://www.kill-9.org/mbrowse/,
unpack it and apply attached patch.  Execute "./configure" followed by
"make".  It should compile fine (provided you have all required devel
RPMs installed).  Type "make install" as root, and you should be set
to go.

If compiling on x86_64, you'll need to do "./configure
--with-snmp-lib=/usr/lib64".  I haven't took the time to fix that bug.

--
See Ya' later, alligator!
http://www.8-P.ca/