[CentOS] OpenLDAP rules

Cleber P. de Souza

cleberps at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 20:29:13 UTC 2006

Hi list.

Maybe this could be off-topic but here I think many have used OpenLDAP
to unify yours authentication needs, allowing an unique username and
password for all the corporate applications.
My doubt is, which rules do you use to split all the user levels so
that one user could be allowed to access app A but isn't allowed to
access app B (think this about many apps)?
Have you been using OU's to split user by app and copying them to each
app that them must access? Using posix groups and filtering users by
filters on each app?

Thanks by the help.

--
Cleber P. de Souza