[CentOS] executable on /etc/rc.local doesn't start

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 04:28:23 UTC 2006

On 7/19/06, Mark Quitoriano <markquitoriano at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi yes it works.
> when i start this manually i don't have problem but when i put the same
> command on /etc/rc.local the tomcat doesn't start.

I haven't been following this too closely, but the usual reason for
this discrepancy - works when executed manually but fails in a
boot-time script or cron script, is reliance on the shell environment.
Does each command executed by your script use absolute path names or
do some of them rely on a (maybe not available at rc.local time) $PATH
setting?

--
Collins Richey