[CentOS] Re: help locating how-to guide for centos, postfix, dovecot, clamav and spamassassin

guser guser at packetstorm.org
Thu Jul 20 15:18:15 UTC 2006

Thanks for the info. I have been using linux , bsd, hpux (10 and 11.11)
and solaris (2.6- 8) for 10+ years, linux mainly for the last 4 (redhat,
wbel and centos). I even tried Linux From Scratch and realized that
although it was fun to do, the upkeeps a pain (another reason I dontated
to this project as keeping centos synced with the redhat patches and
then tested must be a timehog).

Bascially my server is minimal install, layer the necessary packages,
run fwbuilder on my desktop and create an in/outbound restrictive
firewall that limits all but what is necessary to and from the system,
setup snort and base and then run my set of shell scripts that apply the
recommended CIS security changes to the system. I even have a
mondorescue image of my server should it ever need to be restored..

The problem is I used that set of docs I am looking for and when writing
my own docs I referenced the link to the original and did not cut and
paste them into my own set of docs as I did not want to plaigarize
anothers work. Since I am on vacation a few more days, I wanted to try
rebuilding the system around a vmware server 1.0 architecture so I could
toy around with it some without affecting our home system. Since I do
not have alot of time left I was hoping to use the docs that have
already worked so well for me instead of trying to work around another
set and run out of time before I go back to work.

anyhow thanks again for the links, Zimbra looks rather nice but I didnt
see a 'Run at your house edition'.

Ah well if not, I have all kinds of fun things I need to still do like
shovel sand, lay down pavers for our bbq area out back, cut the grass
and edge...someone save me and share the docs so I can tell the wife I
am too busy :)

-Greg