[CentOS] Wireless USB mouse

Jay Leafey

jay.leafey at mindless.com
Thu Jul 20 17:38:03 UTC 2006

Mace Eliason wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am posting this message again because I am desperate.  I have search
> the net, joined the x.org mailing list and have gotten no where.  I
> never even got a response on the x.org mailing list.
>
> I am using a microsoft wireless laser mouse model 6000, and it moves
> fine but when you move over icons menus etc it will click on it own.
>
> I am at the point of switching to Ubuntu which works just fine.  I have
> even changed my xorg.conf file to match Ubuntus for the mouse section
> and still no go.  I have added the plus repositories and updated to the
> latest kernel and still no go.
>
> My xorg.conf file look like the following
>
> <snip>
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Mace

This is a wild stab in the dark, but in the past I've had weird problems with mice (sometimes on KVMs, some laptop touch pads, some
just plain mice) and was able to resolve the issues by using the 'psmouse.proto' boot parameter.  I've had a lot of luck by
appending 'psmouse.proto=imps' to the kernel line in grub.conf.  The mouse-related options, along with a LOT of other goodies, are
documented in the kernel-parameters.txt file in the kernel docs.  Of course, your mileage may vary. ;^)
--
Jay Leafey - Memphis, TN
jay.leafey at mindless.com