[CentOS] VMWare

Max H. btmanmeh at verizon.net
Thu Jul 20 21:27:07 UTC 2006

Shawn K. O'Shea wrote:
> Max,
>
> Thanks for the corrections. I didn't realize server had full screen.
> I'll have to look into that. And no shared folders is easy enough to get
> around with WinSCP to your host OS (or setup a samba server).
>
> I have a Linux workstation and a MacBook Pro here in the office. I used
> server for WinXP "access" until I got the Mac (now using Parallels
> Desktop over there).

I'm thinking the first beta release didn't have full screen mode, and
perhaps that's what you were thinking about. Here at my office we're
running several VMware Workstation loads. Actually, I'm running it on
CentOS 4.3 for the exact thing (an XP load to run anti-virus
controllers), plus a few other virtual machines.

I've been playing with Server for a few weeks now, and I'm really liking
the web interface and console to hook up to. You can reboot machines
from the web interface, etc. Drop it on a server, and then you can
access your machines console across the network, never having to leave
your seat...what else can a lazy person ask for. :)

Max