[CentOS] Sun Fire X2100 & 4GB Ram

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jul 20 23:02:32 UTC 2006

William M. Fennell wrote:
> Turns out it is not resolved if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill
>

> William M. Fennell wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> i may have answered my own question.
>> There seems to be a bios setting.
>> will follow-up.
>>
>> Bill
>>

>> William M. Fennell wrote:
>>

>>> I suppose it would :)
>>>
>>> trying to install from cd-rom that has worked fine onto machines that
>>> have worked fine.
>>> I have two sun fire x2100s with 4gb of ram.  This works fine with
>>> solaris not centos.
>>> I need to install centos on those hosts and I get a kernel panic that
>>> states:
>>> kernal panic - notsyncing: pci-DMA : high address but ni IOMMU.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Bill

you havent actually said what the problem is, beyond 'it does not work'
- if you highlight the issue itself, someone might be able to help.

one thing that you might want to try is boot the installer with 'linux
mem=512M' - which will allow the installer to work fine, and after the
first reboot, you should see the entire memory ( if that is indeed what
the problem is, i am only guessing since you've not mentioned the issue
yet )

Also, can you try to not Top-Post, it makes a mess of the entire
conversation thread, and in most cases people tend to ignore such emails
on the mailing list.