[CentOS] Building a new 2.6 kernel

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 23:30:21 UTC 2006

> [buildcentos at quark SPECS]$ rpmbuild -bp kernel-2.6.spec
> error: Architecture is not included: i386

Woops, my fault. That should be  rpmbuild -bp --target=i686 (or x86_64
depending on what you're using) kernel-2.6.spec

Cascading problem set. Redo everything again (sorry) with that command
instead, and it should work. You'll also have to pass in the
--target=i686  when you do the final rpmbuild --rebuild
buildroot/SRPMS/kernel-foo.src.rpm also.

George Orwell