[CentOS] Re: why is this machine using swap space?

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Fri Jul 21 17:21:05 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 12:10 -0500, Larry Vaden wrote:
> On 7/21/06, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> > Larry Vaden spake the following on 7/21/2006 8:05 AM:
> > ><snip>

> OK, I agree that where there is smoke there is not always fire, but I
> still prefer a smoke-free environment.

I quit buying last 8/18/05. Had 35 since. Used to be 2+ packs per day. I
haven't quit, just decided to smoke less.

When you check out that thread I mentioned, you'll see how. I did *not*
use the "swappiness" thingy and I have 8k used ATM. Max I've seen
recently is 44K (however updatedb and makewhatis running together will
get it to 144M or so on this X workstation).

> rgds/ldv
> <snip sig stuff>

HTH
--