[CentOS] nullmailer recommendations

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Jul 21 19:36:08 UTC 2006

Mark Schoonover schrieb:

> Bill,
>
>	Thanks for the offer of help! Time is short. It's going to take me
>about an hour to write up a SMTP email injection script - barring any crazy
>interruptions. Trying to tackle sendmail will take much longer, time I just
>don't have right now. Once the script is done, I'll gladly post it to the
>list for others to use... I find it hard to believe though that no one else
>has created a script like this. Using Krugle didn't turn up much...
>
>Mark

Sounds like reinventing the wheel.
If you really care about running Sendmail's local (bound to localhost
only) MTA daemon, then just switch it off and use the MSP part only. In
submit.mc set the target host[1] and you are done.

Alexander

[1]
http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/Disabling_the_Sendmail_daemon_for_outgoing_mail.html