[CentOS] VMWare

Max H. btmanmeh at verizon.net
Sat Jul 22 03:02:00 UTC 2006

Guillermo Garron wrote:
> I have found this page
> http://fcarmona.com.mx/weblog/2006/06/19/qemu-en-fedora-core-5/
> it is in spanish but the comands are ok, it is not about VMWare but i
> think it does the same i have just installed XP with it on my Fedora5
> and runs great!! (a lill slow) but as far as i can see it is easier
> tha VMWare to install.

I'm not familiar with that package. VMware is very very easy to install,
though so I'm not sure where you're getting it's hard to install. It's
simply an RPM file to install. It runs through a configuration utility,
where you answer a few questions (usually the defaults are good), and
then you start the console with one command.

Compared to other packages, VMware does a much better job at
communicating with your hardware. It's more true virtualization compared
to other software just tricking the system. Each virtual machine is
isolated from the other, so you should be careful about other packages
in regards to issues like this.

Then again, this is why open source is great! There are many things to
choose from, therefor you pick what works best for your needs. Best of
luck. :)

Max