[CentOS] Help...about migration from redhat to centos in dell poweredge 2800

Roberto Barrientos Molina

roberto.barrientos at umag.cl
Sun Jul 23 17:59:40 UTC 2006

guau..first, i never think the response about my post, really really
thanks all, i am not alone here..:-).
ok,  i send a second message with the other method than i don´t know if
result.
first, i am install the redhat 3 AS then i will apply the next sequence:
"Import GPG Keys: rpm --import
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/3.7/os/i386/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-3

Install yum: rpm -Uvh --nodeps
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/3.7/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/yum-2.0.8-1.centos.7.noarch.rpm
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/3.7/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/centos-yumconf-1-11.noarch.rpm
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/3.7/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/centos-yumcache-3.1-0.20060404.3.noarch.rpm

Update Release information: rpm -e redhat-release-3ES-13.6.2 && rpm -ivh
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/3.7/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/centos-release-3-7.1.i386.rpm

then just:
yum  upgrade
"
then i will hope upgrade to centos 4 :-) if result.
in relations to my machine config is:
Dell Power edge 2800 ,PROCESSOR, 80546K, 3.0G, 2M, XEON IRWINDALE, 4 scsi
disk, 4 ethernet Gigabit.
i have the software server assistant and open manage. i install  de redhat
3  with the server assistant and configure RAID 5 by hardware (i select
raid 5 after of read any docs...i hope my selecction was correct?).
thanks all guys and thank to traduce me Guillermo "guau.. que respuesta,
estoy emocionado, no estoy acostumbrado a la cooperacion entre pares en mi
institucion...gracias"
 regards, roberto.-