[CentOS] Appended 1 in fstab entries CentOS4.X installs

Lists

lists at littlebald.com
Mon Jul 24 19:17:17 UTC 2006

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, Chris Weisiger wrote:

> In my /etc/fstab here is just a snippet
>
> LABEL=/1 ....<rest of line>
> LABEL=/boot1 ....<rest of line>
>

> When i installed centOS-4.3 and it has appeared after starting to use
> any version of centOS4
> was that the labels in my fstab were getting the "1" appended to each
> label...
>
> but if  the all the labels for my partitions are appended with the "1"
> and i format and reload
> they show up in my partition setup during installation and i re-label
> them appropriately without the "1"
> and the /etc/fstab doesnt have the "1" appended...
>
> its like every other install the "1" gets appended....anyone come across
> this...> if show how can i change it....i know its not like it makes a
> difference but I just noticed wondering why this happens.

My guess is that you've got multiple linux installations.

After your first install, you would have partitions with labels such as
"/" and "/usr".  Install again without removing existing partitions, and
the installer will create new partitions labelled "/1" and "/usr1".

fdisk will show you the list of partitions on your disk.

-David