[CentOS] mysql5 in "centosplus" ?

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 13:47:15 UTC 2006

> What are the differences between centosplus mysql5 packages and RPMs
> that can be downloaded directly from mysql.com?  I guess there was a
> reason why you guys rebuilt those RPMs.  Other than for fun ;-)

There are a couple patches to make things play nice in RHEL/Centos
involving libtool, the lib directory, a proper init script, proper
buildrequires etc. They're both similar, but we have far more control
over our packages and can provide better support. Ours are also much
closer to what you'll find "upstream". Some packages are done based on
name requirements, and mysql's packages don't match what the distro
provides, which can cause conflicts. Our mysql packages are designed
to be drop in replacements.

Have I at made that at all clearer for you?

oh yeah... and also... THREAD HIJACKER!

George Orwell