[CentOS] Building a new 2.6 kernel

John Warren jwarren at prudentrx.com
Tue Jul 25 16:42:05 UTC 2006

No, it currently reads:

# Set to anything other than 'no' to force a 'safe' probe on startup.
# 'safe' probe disables:
# - serial port probing
# - DDC monitor probing
# - PS/2 probing
SAFE=no

I guess I could set serial port probing to no.

> You might also inspect /etc/sysconfig/hwconf and see if you
> can determine what
> it believes is different.

See my other post but it seems to be "Generic Serial Modem" entries.

> And have you read the kudzu man page?

Yes, but I thought that was more for manually using Kudzu.