[CentOS] Centos 4.4 ?

BRUCE STANLEY bruce.stanley at prodigy.net
Tue Jul 25 19:12:07 UTC 2006

Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote: BRUCE STANLEY wrote:
>    Thanks for the Info.  I may wait and skip 4.3 then.

"Skip" in which way? And why? 4.4 is just "Release 4, Update 4", while
4.3 is "Release 4, Update 3". You're not getting anything really new
with 4.4, upgrading via yum from 4.3 to 4.4 is just as easy as upgrading
to get security updates.

IMNSHO there's no need for waiting - you'll get CentOS 4 now with 4.3
and you will be getting CentOS 4 then with 4.4.

Ralph

Hi Ralph!

I don't do yum updates on my home system due to slow (56k)
Internet connect ability at this time.

Thus,  I will do a full install (ater backing up) of the next release I
go to.  I am currently using 4.1.

If 4.4 is going to come out in the next month or so, I'll just wait
for it to be rlease.