[CentOS] System crash on loading gdm revisited

Debbie Tropiano

debbiet at arlut.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 25 19:47:56 UTC 2006

Hello -

I've been seeing system crashes similar to this
(http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=1045) on my
Rocks head node.  Instead of the standard kernel,
I've got a SNARE patched 2.6.9-34 kernel running.
Initially I'd used the RHEL kernel source to build
it (due to laziness ... it was easier to track down :-),
but have just rebuilt with the CentOS kernel source
and am now seeing these crashes.

Can someone point me to the specific patch that fixes
this problem?  I'd like to confirm that it's part of
my source before looking at other things.

Thanks,
Debbie
--
| Debbie Tropiano                            |  debbiet at arlut.utexas.edu   |
| Environmental Sciences Laboratory          |     +1 512 835 3367 w       |