[CentOS] mysql5 in "centosplus" ?

Martin Hamant mh at accelance.fr
Wed Jul 26 07:54:24 UTC 2006

Le Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:31:43 -0400
"Jim Perrin" <jperrin at gmail.com> écrivait:

> On 7/25/06, William (Bill) Triest <wtriest at chemistry.ohio-state.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > I have been working on installing a webserver w/ CentOS 4 and mysql
> > 5. When I started I didn't see mysql5 in centosplus so I installed
> > the ones from AB.  I've been having trouble with SeLinux though, so
> > I was curious if you had done something specifically to make this
> > work.  (My best guess is the lib directory and stuff caused this to
> > work if it moved it to match the default file contexts).
>
> Works fine with selinux (in the default file locations). You're
> correct about the paths causing the issue.
>
> > Anyways, I'm planning on switching over since the server isnt'
> > deployed and this way I can get updates.  Thanks to the centosplus
> > people for adding mysql5, you're saving me a bit of work.
>
> Thanks to everyone who provided the feedback, allowing it to finally
> cross over into centosplus.

Yeah thank you everyone !! In fact that was a good thing to ask !

Le Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:01:23 +0100
Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> écrivait:
> err ? What do you mean where did they come from ?

> you might want to read up on what Repositories exist for CentOS and what
> the contents of each are. The wiki is a good place to start (
> wiki.centos.org )

When i wrote "from where", i've of course assumed "why"... Because it's
new ! ( is think it's too typicaly french :-D, sorry)

(Wiki.centos.org says it should be in "centos-testing")
In another hand that's not really an hijacked thread because Aleksandar
has naturally understood it :P

Thanks again to everyone !

--
Martin