[CentOS] force a PXE boot

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Wed Jul 26 19:34:48 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 16:35 +0100, Tom Brown wrote:
> Hi
>
> I could be going mad but it there a way to force a PXE boot on next
> reboot? ie tell the box that next time it reboots try a PXE boot first?
>
> thanks
I don't know Dell machines very good (i'm more familiar with IBM
Machines ....) but for IBM machines in the Bios you have two boot
sequence listed :
- the normal one (that you can still force to use pxe first if you want
to ...)
- the wake-on-lan boot sequence one : this order is applied only when
the machine is booted remotely through a wake-on-lan packet

Look at the Dell bios to see if such thing exists for your Dell servers.
To send a wake-on-lan packet from another machine you can use wol
(available in the rpmforge repo)

--
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>