[CentOS] how to let other people know my hostname through IP address

dxuranus dxuranus at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 01:00:07 UTC 2006

> >   i have a public hostname "a" (not my machine name)on internet and
> my
> > ip is xx.xx.xx.xx;
> >   the problem is other people can get my ip through hostname.but if
> he
> > try to get my hostname through ip he always failed.
> >   the case above is in my program (i make it) ,what can i do for
> this?
>
> This is not a CentOS issue. You need your ISP to set your "reverse
> DNS".
> Depending on your ISP, they may not do this for customers at all.

did you know qmail ,he can achieve this by local software.i guess the
process of dns reserve is like this:the remote pc first try to get
information from you if failed he try with your ISP.is this right?
but i do't know what kind of protocal it ues when remote pc contact
you,and i think i just need fellow the protocal make some code and then
i can do what qmail can!
thanks for any help!