[CentOS] Re: Finding perl-MIME-Base64

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Jul 27 03:56:31 UTC 2006

Scott Silva wrote:
> Robert Moskowitz spake the following on 7/26/2006 2:36 PM:
>
>> Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>>> The .spec file shouldn't explicitly have a "Requires:
>>> perl-MIME-Base64". The  automatic dependencies check at rpmbuild time
>>> should automatically generate a requirement for perl(MIME-Base64),
>>> which is fulfilled by the Perl  main package.
>>>
>>> $ rpm -q --whatprovides 'perl(MIME::Base64)'
>>> perl-5.8.5-24.RHEL4.x86_64
>>>
>> rpm -ihv tinyca2-0.7.5-0.noarch.rpm
>> error: Failed dependencies:
>>        perl-MIME-Base64 is needed by tinyca2-0.7.5-0.noarch
>>
> Is that the SUSE rpm from http://tinyca.sm-zone.net/?
> Maybe if you get the src rpm and rebuild it.

It is the SUSE rpm, but there is the claim it SHOULD work with current
distributions.

But looking at the site again, I see that I should NOT have read it 1am
last night.  As re-reading it I DO get the understanding that they mean
the current distributions of SUSE, not just current distributions...

Oh, well.  :-[